Hey Boston, welcome to Your Shot to Rock with Cabo Wabo Tequila. Entries have been submitted and now it is your time to vote! The entries have been narrowed down to 10, and now isyour chance to vote for your favorite! From June 22nd-29th, the ten finalists will be displayed here, so make sure all your fans vote! On Tuesday, July 5th, we will announce the Cabo Wabo Tequila Your Shot To Rock winner!
Our grand prize winner will receive a $1,000 gift card to Daddy’s Junky Music and will be showcased at a station event!
• Finalists will need to submit additional information about each band member, including complete address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and date of birth.
• Where legal, winners will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release ("Affidavit/Release") which must be returned within ten (10) days from receipt of notification.
WAAF – Cabo Wabo® Your Shot To Rock! Promotion Rules
These Promotion rules are specific to the above Promotion conducted by Entercom Boston LLC d/b/a WAAF (“Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific Promotion, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this Promotion as well. A copy of these specific Promotion rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 20 Guest St, Suite 300 Boston, MA 02135 during regular business hours and on the Promotion page on the Station’s website at waaf.com. To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Promotion.
How to Enter
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
2. Eligible Local Bands (as defined below) can enter by submitting one (1) song and other required materials (detailed below) beginning May 5, 2011 and until May 27, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. (EST) to waaf.com/cabowabo.
3. Promotion is open only to “Local Bands”. For the purpose of this Promotion, the term “Local Bands” means any music group made up of two or more members, all of whom, as of the date of entry, are 21 years or older and at least one is a legal resident of MA, CT, VT, RI or NH as of the date of entry. All entrants must be legal United States citizens or residents as of the date of entry.
4. Any Local Band that has a member that is under 21 years of age will be disqualified in its entirety with respect to all members/Entrants, even those 21 and older. All Entrants must each satisfy and comply with the entry requirements in the Promotion rules (including Station’s general Promotion rules) in order to participate, except with respect to residency requirements (which are as set forth in Section 3 above). In the event that any Entrant is not eligible, the entire associated Local Band will be disqualified. Eligibility for the Station Promotion will be determined by Station in its sole discretion.
5. For the purposes of this Promotion, “Entrant(s)” means each and every performer and songwriter associated with each entry, jointly and severally. All performers and songwriters must be Entrants. Only Entrants can perform in submitted songs. Entry form must be signed online by all Entrants.
6. Participating Local Bands must submit all of the following materials at waaf.com/cabowabo with their entry (failure to submit any of the items requested will result in immediate disqualification):
a) A completed entry form available online at waaf.com/cabowabo. The entry form will require, among other things, the name, address, age, email address, telephone number, and signature of every performer and songwriter of the submitted song (including the lyrics, whether vocal or instrumental) submitted (collectively, the “Entrant”) and the designation of one (1) person as the “Leader”. By entering this Promotion and submitting a fully signed entry form via waaf.com/cabowabo, all Entrants agree that (i) such electronically submitted signatures are deemed to be and are acceptable as if they were original signatures, and (ii) to keep the original of the fully signed entry form for at least six (6) months after this Promotion ends and to provide it to Station, upon Station’s request, at any time prior to six (6) months after this Promotion ends whether or not the entrant is a winner in this Promotion.
b) One (1) graphic (photo of the Local Band/original artwork, band logo, etc) to be submitted at waaf.com/cabowabo as a 150x150 pixels .jpg at a minimum of 72dpi.
c) One (1) song with original musical composition and original lyrics (if lyrics are applicable). See song requirements below. The songs must be recorded and submitted at waaf.com/cabowabo as an mp3.
d) Read and acknowledge the online release prior to submitting entry.
7. Song Requirements:
a. Songs must be original written music by the Entrants and fully performed by the entrants or a cappella. No sampling or recorded music may be included unless the music was wholly created and written by one or more of the Entrants and musical performances actually performed by only Entrants in this Promotion. No cover songs, no Karaoke style, no sampling, no use of any music not completely written, performed and created by all of the Entrants listed on the entry form.
b. Each song/mp3 must be less 5MB or less. Songs that exceed 5MB will be disqualified.
c. The song MUST NOT contain any copyrighted music, lyrics or other material -- entries containing any copyrighted material will be automatically disqualified unless all of the writers and performers of that music are among the Entrants. A song that includes (or is suspected to include, in Station’s sole discretion) any copyrighted lyrics or music or any pre-recorded music performed by anyone other than an Entrant (in whole or in part) will result in disqualification from this Promotion. BY ENTERING THIS PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT IS REPRESENTING AND WARRANTING TO STATION THAT THE USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF SUCH SONG BY STATION WILL NOT VIOLATE OR INFRINGE UPON THE RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COPYRIGHTS OF OTHERS. By submitting a song, each Entrant represents and warrants that they own the rights to, or have obtained permission to use, the song submitted with each entry. By submitting an entry, Entrants agree to indemnify Station and Cabo Wabo, LLC (“Cabo Wabo”) should any representations and warranties in these Promotion rules prove to be false or inaccurate. Station reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to request proof in writing of any necessary authorizations, assignments or waivers required.
d. Station reserves the right to disqualify and/or edit (as Station determines in its sole discretion on a case by case basis) any song that contains any indecency, profanity, obscenity, explicit sexuality, or lyrics that are harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, libelous, that encourages unlawful behavior, is hateful, depicts socially irresponsible or unlawful consumption of alcohol, or which is racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive or objectionable, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station is not required to make the same determination based on the foregoing for every song entered (it may treat different songs differently, in its sole discretion, even if the problematic word(s) are similiar).
e. Songs and band names must not include brand names, trademarks, trade names, logos or the intellectual property of any third parties.
8. Only one song is permitted per each entry submission (entries exceeding one (1) song will be automatically disqualified). Entry forms must contain all information required. Any entry which includes one or more of the same people as another entry will be accepted by Station. However, more than one (1) entry from the same Local Band will result in the disqualification of all but one of such entries -- and the decision of the Station as to which to include will be in the Station’s sole and absolute direction and is not subject to appeal. BE CAREFUL IF YOU ENTER SEPARATE ENTRIES FOR THE SAME (OR SUBSTANTIALLY SIMILAR) LOCAL BAND IN VIOLATION OF THIS RULE…SOME OF THE SONGS GET KNOCKED OUT OF THE COMPETITION AS A RESULT OF THIS RULE (AND WHICH SONG(S) GETS KNOCKED OUT IS IN STATION’S SOLE DISCRETION- NOT YOURS).
9. WHETHER OR NOT SELECTED AS A WINNER OR FINALIST, ALL ENTRIES (including the songs and photos submitted) BECOME THE SOLE PROPERTY OF STATION AND MAY BE USED BY STATION AND/OR CABO WABO IN ANY MEDIUM IT DEEMS DESIRABLE NOW OR IN THE FUTURE WITHOUT ANY COMPENSATION TO THE ENTRANT(S), OR ANY OF THE PERSONS WHO APPEAR IN OR PROVIDE MATERIALS FOR THE SUBMISSION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, posting the song and band information on the Station or Sponsor website. Station and Sponsor retain sole and exclusive possession and retains all rights to use any Entry, or any part thereof, including but not limited to the song submitted with an Entry, indefinitely in any advertising, promotion or use of any other kind including, but not limited, to on-air and online usage, compilation cd without any compensation to Entrants or any third parties. The aforementioned stipulations apply to all winning and non-winning Entries.
10. By entering this Promotion, Entrants understand and agree that Station may elect to use any entry submitted for entertainment purposes and may choose to comment on, mock, poke fun at, and/or mimic any entry submitted. Entrants waive any right to make any claim against Station or any Promotion sponsors with respect to any comments - disparaging or otherwise - made regarding such Entrant’s entry.
11. Station is not responsible for any costs associated with submitting any Entry or any costs arising out of participating in the Promotion or failure to adhere to official Promotion rules.
12. By entering this Promotion, entrants acknowledge and agree that Station reserves the right to post some or all of the entries on the Station’s website or play some or all of the songs on any Entercom Boston, LLC radio station or any of its affiliated company stations, including but not limited to WAAF, in whole or in part, in Station’s sole discretion).
13. Failure to submit and/or comply with the items as requested/required above may result in immediate disqualification. Station has no obligation whatsoever to notify any Entrant(s) if an entry has been disqualified and will not do so.
14. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, ALL ENTRANTS CONSENT TO THE AUDIO
RECORDING OF THEIR PERFORMANCE AND UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT OWNERSHIP OF SUCH AUDIO RECORDING SHALL BELONG TO STATION AND CABO WABO AND THAT STATION SHALL BE FREE TO USE SUCH AUDIO (AND THE PERFORMANCES EMBODIED THEREIN) IN ANY MANNER STATION SEE FITS, NOR OR IN THE FUTURE, IN ANY MEDIUM WITHOUT ANY COMPENSATION TO ANY OF THE PERFORMERS OR SONGWRITERS.
How to Win
15. From June 6, 2011 – June 17 2011 11:59pm (EST) all qualified entrants will be posted at waaf.com/cabowabo. During that time people will be asked to go to the website and vote for their favorite. LISTENER VOTING WILL NOT BE THE DETERMINING FACTOR IN SELECTING FINALISTS. LISTENER VOTES MAY BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION BY OUR JUDGES, BUT WILL NOT BE A SIGNIFICANT DETERMINING FACTOR AS TO WHICH ENTRANTS WILL BE SELECTED AS FINALISTS (SEE JUDGING CRITERIA OUTLINED BELOW). In the event Station receives only one (1) entry, Station reserves the right not to conduct the advisory voting portion of the Promotion and to immediately select the one (1) Entrant as the Grand Prize Winner, subject to eligibility and compliance with these Promotion rules.
16. On June 20, 2011, judges will select up to ten (10) bands (Station reserves the right to select less if Station receives less than 10 entries) (each a “Finalist”), upon confirmation of eligibility and compliance with this Promotion rules, based on any lawful criteria that they deem desirable, which may include, without limitation, (a) originality, (b) quality of musical composition and lyrics (if applicable), (c) quality of performance and/or (d) Station listener audience appeal (based on online votes). Finalists will be notified by telephone at the number they designated for their “Leader” on June 21, 2011. Notification to Finalists may be made by message on their “Leader’s” answering machine, with no responsibility for Station for any failure of the answering machine.
17. From June 22, 2011 – June 29, 2011 Finalists will be posted on waaf.com/cabowabo. During that time people will be asked to go to the website and vote for their favorite. LISTENER VOTING WILL NOT BE THE DETERMINING FACTOR IN SELECTING THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER. LISTENER VOTES MAY BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION BY OUR JUDGES, BUT WILL NOT BE A SIGNIFICANT DETERMINING FACTOR AS TO WHICH FINALIST WILL BE SELECTED AS THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER (SEE JUDGING CRITERIA OUTLINED BELOW). In the event Station only receives two (2) entries, Station reserves the right not to conduct the Finalize advisory voting portion of this Promotion and to immediately select the Grand Prize winner after the conclusion of the initial advisory voting portion on June 18th in accordance with the Grand Prize Winner judging criteria outlined below.
18. On July 5, 2011, judges will select up to one (1) Grand Prize Winner, upon confirmation of eligibility and compliance with this Promotion rules, based on any lawful criteria that they deem desirable, which may include, without limitation, (a) originality, (b) quality of musical composition and lyrics (if applicable), (c) quality of performance and/or (d) Station listener audience appeal (based on online votes). The Grand Prize Winner will be notified by phone on or about July 5, 2011. Grand Prize Winner will be notified by telephone at the number they designated for their “Leader”. Notification to the Grand Prize Winner may be made by message on their “Leader’s” answering machine, with no responsibility for Station for any failure of the answering machine.
19. In the event that any Finalist or the Grand Prize Winner is found to be ineligible the Station will disqualify those Entrants. In the event that a Local Band is disqualified for any reason after it has been selected as a Finalist or the Grand Prize Winner, Station is NOT obligated to select a replacement Finalist or Winner (but reserves the right to do so in its sole discretion, time permitting).
20. The one (1) verified Grand Prize Winning Band (if any) will receive:
a. The opportunity to perform at a future Cabo Wabo event in 2011.
i. In the event that the Grand Prize Winner cannot, is unable or is unwilling to perform, that Grand Prize Winner will forfeit the Grand Prize, and an alternate band may be awarded the Grand Prize (time permitting) and such alternate band will be deemed the Grand Winning Band for purposes of these rules.
ii. Station is not responsible to the Grand Prize Winner if the performance is cancelled or postponed for any reason or in the event if the Grand Prize Winner breaks up prior to the event. In such event, Station will not be responsible for this portion of the prize, which has no monetary value, and no alternate prize will be awarded. The performance then may or may not be rescheduled, as determined in Station’s sole discretion.
iii. Only actual Entrants named in the initial entry form may perform at any of the concert (irreconcilable break-ups are at your risk). Finalist spots and Entrants are not assignable, replaceable or transferable.
iv. All Entrants must show a valid government photo I.D. and sign a liability release agreement and/or other forms prior to being permitted to perform at the concert and/or being recognized as the grand prize winning band
v. Entrants hereby agree to strictly follow all instructions and directions given by the event staff at the concert and understand that any intentional failure to comply with the processes, procedures and instructions may result in immediate disqualification, in Station’s sole discretion.
vi. Performances at the event must not contain any indecency, profanity or obscenity as determined by Station in its sole discretion. ALL PERFORMERS MUST DRESSED APPROPRIATELY.
vii. Wining band must provide its own instruments and backline;
viii. The winning band must perform live, vocally and/or instrumentally. Use of pre-recorded music or vocals is prohibited for the performance. No special lighting, props, scenery, special effects, such as smoke machines, may be used. Articles of clothing, decorated instruments, or stools will not be considered props.
xi. There is no cash value to this portion of the Grand Prize.
b. A one-thousand ($1000) gift card to Daddy’s Junky Music.
i. This portion of the prize will be awarded to the designated “Leader” and the designated “Leader” will be responsible for all tax implications.
ii. Station and Cabo Wabo are not liable to other members of the Grand Prize Winner who are not the designated “Leader” for how the “Leader” uses this portion of the prize. Other members must look solely to the designated “Leader” for recourse.
21. Finalists of this Promotion are not entitled to any prize in this Promotion
Other Rules Specific to This Promotion
24. Entry in this Promotion is gratis and not in exchange for any airplay, for the entrant(s) or anyone else. Any decision by the Station to play any such music (whether in connection with the Promotion or otherwise) will be at the sole discretion of the Station and is in no way implicitly or explicitly in exchange for participation in this Promotion. If Station elects to play any such entry submission during or after this Promotion, Station may identify the entrant as a sponsor. IN NO EVENT DOES PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION MEAN THAT ANY ENTRANT IS ENTITLED TO ANY AIRPLAY OF THEIR ENTRY SUBMISSION.
26. Any Entrant (either individual or member of group) who claims to be using his own music may be disqualified at any level of the CPromotion (or forfeit any prize in this Promotion after a winning band has been selected) if a musical copyright for the music exists which does not name the Entrant as author or co-author comes to Station’s attention. Station reserves the right to require evidence of ownership. Acceptable documentation to prove ownership of your music shall include either a certificate of copyright, proof of song registration with BMI, ASCAP, etc., or a notarized copy of the application applying for the copyright with a signed statement by the Entrant as to its status.
|Round name||Starts on||Ends on|
|Submission Round||May 5, 2011 @ 12:00 AM (EDT)||May 27, 2011 @ 11:59 PM (EDT)|
|First Voting Round||June 6, 2011 @ 12:00 AM (EDT)||June 17, 2011 @ 11:59 PM (EDT)|
|Second Voting Round||June 22, 2011 @ 12:00 AM (EDT)||June 29, 2011 @ 11:59 PM (EDT)|